Extremely healthy-looking Governor Rick Perry of Texas says that the state’s 6.2 million uninsured will get Medicaid over his dead body. Or over their dead bodies, whichever comes first. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A couple of days ago, Rick Perry had told the federal government that Texas will not accept $70 billion to fund the state’s Medicaid expansion, even though 25% of the state’s population are uninsured. Here are 10 reasons why the governor refused the money to help insure these people.
1) A heat wave and a resulting heat stroke had affected Rick Perry’s judgement.
2) Rick Perry is perfectly ok with his own health insurance plan.
3) That way, he still gets to blame Obamacare for not insuring 25% of Texas.
4) By taking the money, Texas may accidentally create more jobs and hurt Mitt Romney’s election chances.
5) By not providing health insurance to millions of people, Rick Perry wants to solve the overpopulation problem in Texas.
6) With so many Texans carrying guns, even a minimal extension of a gunshot wound coverage could bankrupt the state.
7) Rick Perry would only take the federal money for something that’s absolutely necessary, like a subsidy to ExxonMobil.
8) The Texas State Constitution (which consists of the Bible and the NRA Member Guide) says nothing about the Medicaid.
9) These uninsured welfare queens are probably going to vote for Democrats anyway, so why would the Republican governor want to make life easier for them?
10) Rick Perry forgot on whose side he is on, and sincerely wants to help Obama’s administration to solve the budget deficit problem.