Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch, known as the owner of conservative TV channel Fox News, has just bought a 73% controlling stake in National Geographic. Due to the change of ownership to Fox, there will probably be a few minors changes with the National Geographic products, starting with a few brand new TV shows on the National Geographic Channel. Here are 10 of these new shows.
1) African Wildlife: The program will talk about amazing and endangered African animals like lions, rhinos, elephants, giraffes, and will educate viewers about the habits and behavior of these majestic creatures, and the most exciting ways to hunt and kill them.
2) Mythcrushers: This 100% original series will bust… I mean, crush, popular myths like global warming, vaccinations, and theory of gravity.
3) The Birthplace Of A President: The viewers of these series will learn many fascinating facts about the birthplaces of American presidents and their early lives. The first episode will feature the current president Barack Hussein Obama and his birthplace of Kenya.
4) Home Of The Brave: This series will talk about the modern American explorers – the American soldiers stationed on many overseas military bases. This show will feature one military base per episode and has already been picked up for 20 seasons with 40 episodes in each. The channel is currently in negotiations with the Pentagon about adding a few extra seasons.
5) Land of The Free: America has long been the beacon of freedom for the entire world. This show will highlight the history of America bringing freedom to many backward countries all over the world over their pathetic and futile stubbornness.
6) Nature’s Wrath: This show will spotlight natural catastrophes like tsunamis, earthquakes, and tornadoes, and will discuss the latest research into the question of which category of sinners God is punishing by each of these terrifying events.
7) Doomsday Preppers: This show about the people getting ready to survive in the the post-apocalyptic world will remain in the channel line up, but will refocus on the most likely threats that promise to turn the world into a barren wasteland – real threats like Obamacare or higher taxes on capital gains.
8) The New Ice Age: This investigative weekly program will dispel the myth of global warming by highlighting the dramatic drop of temperatures in the Arctic, and resulting rapid accumulation of ice and snow. The program will run from September to early February.
9) Battleground U.S.: This historical series will fairly and balancely chronicle the U.S. Civil War and its battlefields, and highlight the courageous and valiant resistance of brave Southerners against the invasion of marauding hordes of Yankee aggressors.
10) Earth On The Move: The viewers will learn about the movement of tectonic plates that had shaped the continents and oceans throughout the Earth’s history, all 6,000 years of it.