Last week, Donald Trump has announced that the United States will no longer honor the agreement to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions which the world’s countries reached in Paris in 2015. The agreement had aimed to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial levels, and in his speech, president Trump blasted the deal as both draconian and non-binding, which apparently makes it especially devious. Here are 10 reasons why Trump administration is leaving the agreement.
1) America doesn’t measure temperatures in centigrade, so a global warming of 1.5C wouldn’t apply to us.
2) With Donald Trump being in charge of America’s nuclear weapons, a nuclear winter is more probable than the global warming.
3) Last few days have been unusually cool, so clearly the global warming must already be over.
4) Since Air Force One is burning tons of fuel to ferry Donald Trump back and forth to his Florida resort every week, the US can’t possibly meet any kind of CO2 emission standards.
5) If the United States remains committed to lowering its greenhouse emissions, other countries will enjoy an unfair economic advantage of not being flooded by the rising seas.
6) When Trump made a deal with the Air conditioner maker Carrier to save hundreds of jobs last year, he promised Carrier a much warmer climate to increase the demand for air conditioners.
7) Trump towers are so tall that Donald Trump doesn’t care about any rising sea levels.
8) Trump has promised that he will negotiate a much better climate deal directly with the CO2.
9) China and India are going to cheat on the agreement anyway – and Trump’s “America First” motto means that America should get to do that first.
10) Trump’s Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has calculated that 1.5 degrees is a really small angle and no one would even notice it anyway.