While many sports fans are paying their attention to Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, another momentous sports event has been scheduled right here in the United States. Specifically, George Zimmerman, known for killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 and acquitted in the 2013 trial, had announced that he would participate in a boxing match against another celebrity. As his opponent, the match organizers picked a rapper named DMX (no relation to List of X. DMX also, apparently, once collaborated with a rap group L.O.X. which still is not related to List of X, though I am less sure of that). However, this weekend the match promoter Damon Feldman has announced that the fight has been called off. Here are 10 reasons why Zimmerman-DMX boxing match had been cancelled.
1) George Zimmerman was fearful for his life, but the organizers wouldn’t allow him to bring a gun to the ring.
2) George Zimmerman was hoping for an opponent with a celebrity status and a weight category of Justin Bieber.
3) The promoter tweeted that he’d rather make people happy than make money, which made both Zimmerman and DMX immediately suspicious that Feldman isn’t a real boxing promoter.
4) Zimmerman felt that having to fight an opponent who hadn’t killed anyone would be beneath him.
5) The match was cancelled due to overwhelming opposition among the public: while over 320,000 people liked the Facebook petition to cancel the fight, only 15,000 people asked the organizers to let them fight George Zimmerman.
6) Zimmerman didn’t want to fight a rapper, because he’s more into country music.
7) The promoter’s attempt to include the fight into the Sochi Winter Olympics schedule had failed. According to Russian Olympic Committee, they weren’t interested in boxing, because their Olympic program already includes gay-bashing.
8) Zimmerman just discovered that the exclusive gated community he was promised by his real estate agent was actually a boxing ring.
9) According to George Zimmerman’s accountant, the fee that was promised to Zimmerman for the boxing match would just about cover Zimmerman’s medical expenses after the match.
10) Zimmerman didn’t like the fact that at this fight, there would be a lot of witnesses.