Since September 11, 2012 attack on American consulate in Benghazi in which four Americans have died, the Republican party had made it their number one priority to investigate the attack in Libya and the suspected conspiracy cover-up by the Obama administration. Although, while preoccupied with Benghazi, the Republican still manage find the time to hold occasional votes to repeal Obamacare. The investigation seemed to have found the second wind when several whistle-blowers from the State Department agreed to testify last week, but even these new witnesses haven’t added any new incriminating evidence against the Obama administration. Essentially, their testimony sounded less like whistle-blowing and more like “pfffft”. Still, the Benghazi investigation shows no signs of slowing down, and here are 10 reasons why it’s still going on.
1) The Republicans hope that somewhere among the Benghazi e-mails, there is an e-mail from the president where Barack Obama is claiming to be an expert on Africa and attached his Kenyan birth certificate as proof.
2) Since the investigators have found no actual evidence of a conspiracy, to them it looks as a clear sign of a successful cover-up.
3) The ringleader of the investigation, Congressman Darrell Issa spent too much time in court as a defendant, and always dreamed of prosecuting somebody else.
4) By trying to implicate Hillary Clinton and State department in the scandal, the Republicans are hoping to hurt Hillary Clinton’s chances in 2016 presidential election, and Chelsea Clinton’s chances in 2040.
5) The Republicans are trying to ensure that this outrage* will never happen again. (* – Democratic presidency)
6) The investigators have revealed locations of CIA bases during the investigation, so their real plan is to expose as many of covert overseas CIA’s facilities if possible, cripple CIA’s operations abroad, enable more terrorist acts against the Americans, and then blame it all on Obama.
7) They are trying to prove that Republicans are merely looking for the truth, unlike those sleazy gun control advocates who would politicize the deaths of Americans for their own political gain. And the Republicans won’t stop until they find the truth they like.
9) Doing something else may end up creating jobs and help the Democrats.
10) The Republican Party is attempting to prevent Barack Obama’s re-election in 2012. (Remember, the polls showing him as the winner of the election are still skewed and always will be).
Since the whole Benghazi affair is one giant cover up involving everyone in the Obama administration and anyone who ever voted for Democrats, I will do my part by covering up the reason number 8.