Barack Obama is currently traveling in Asia, where he had unsuccessfully tried to sign the free trade deal with South Korea, and promised to continue hammering out the agreement after returning to Washington. Here are the 10 reasons why the trade deal was not signed.
1) Korean negotiators always wanted to visit America and wanted to ensure they would be invited there.
2) The sides could not agree on the maximum number of South Korean children which Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt would be allowed to adopt.
3) Barack Obama could not sign his name in Korean.
4) The Korean side did not have a microscope available for reading 781 pages of small print inserted by Americans.
5) Barack Obama was not fully confident that swapping Park Place and Boardwalk for Baltic Avenue represents a completely fair and equivalent exchange.
6) Hyundai and Kia were asking Barack Obama to repeal the bailout of GM and Chrysler.
7) They have tried to sign the treaty with a pen made in China.
8 ) After the elections, Barack Obama did not want even a slight perception that the government is doing too much.
9) They could not come to the consensus on which side would actually trade for free.
10) The Korean delegation did not agree to the proposed exchange rate between US dollars and WarCraft gold.