Susan Rice, the woman who troubled John McCain (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Earlier this week, Senator John McCain had met privately with the Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice. The closed-door meeting was supposed to shed more light on the actions of the Obama administration after the consulate attack in Benghazi, and possibly discuss Susan Rice’s likely candidacy for the Secretary of State position. However, John McCain had emerged from the meeting and told the media that he was troubled by many of the answers he had received from Susan Rice. Here are 10 of John McCain’s question to Susan Rice, answers to which McCain found troubling.
1) “Ambassador Rice, can you tell me the present continuous form for the verb ‘to trouble’?”
2) “Ambassador, are you absolutely sure it wasn’t President Obama who led the attack on the consulate in Benghazi?”
3) “Ambassador, may I remind you that you are speaking under oath… What do you mean, you’re not? Are you saying we forgot to ask you to take an oath?”
4) “Ambassador, before you is the text of the oath you have to take… What do you mean by saying that Grover Norquist’s oath to never ever raise taxes isn’t a real oath?”
5) “Are you implying that you don’t plunge straight into the deepest fire pits of hell, if you even dream of breaking the Norquist’s pledge, because that’s NOT what I’ve been told?”
6) “Ambassador, why have you taken up so much of my valuable time by calling this pointless meeting? I called it!? Are you insinuating that I am old and prone to forgetting things, Ambassador… sorry, what’s you name again?”
7) “Of course I remember that!!! Now let’s do this damn oath already!! Well, we don’t have a Bible handy… Therefore, to take the oath, please place your right hand on this… yes, it’s a photograph of Ronald Reagan and it’s just as holy!… OK Now that you have finally taken the oath, let me ask you whether President Obama produced that hateful anti-Islam video for free, or has he been paid for it and how much?”
8) “Let me try a different question. You see President Obama a lot. Hypothetically speaking, if someone gave you a completely harmless pill, would you be willing to slip it into the Presidents coffee?”
9) “Ambassador, I wish I could support you for the position of Secretary of State, but I couldn’t help but notice that you are a black Democrat woman. Would you be willing to switch your party affiliation to a white Republican man?”
10) “Finally, if you have no other plans for tonight, Ambassador Rice, what would you say if we sneak out of here for a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant, where I shall continue your interrogation?”
An Ostensibly Funny Commentary* of the Recent News and Events.
(* warning! may not actually be funny or a commentary. Also, since I am not quite sure what "ostensibly" means, it might not be "ostensibly" either.)
Blogging at listofx.com