The biggest story of the last couple of weeks has been the leak by a National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden, who had disclosed the details of the extensive spying programs that the United States government has been running for years. According to released documents, NSA is logging phone calls, electronic communications and web content with the help of major phone and internet companies. Here are 10 of the ways how the government is spying on you.
1) By applying a combination of mind control and hypnosis, the government had successfully made many people conduct all their private cell phone conversations in public in a loud voice.
2) When a Windows program crashes and you click OK on a pop-up message asking you if you want to send a report of what went wrong, the report that you send includes the log of everything you did on your computer since you bought it.
3) NSA monitors and records every phone call you make to another country. You probably think you never call foreign countries, don’t you? Think again: when was the last time you called customer service and got connected to someone in India?
4) When you play Farmville on Facebook, please keep in mind that at least one of every ten Farmville cows works for the government.
5) When you get an e-mail from Nigeria asking for your assistance for transferring millions of dollars through your bank account, the NSA gets the copy of that e-mail. This is why you can never get any money from the Nigerian princes and generals: it’s because the NSA gets to it first.
6) When you happily accepted Facebook friend requests from those cute girls you’ve never seen before, you should have paid more attention to their rather peculiar names, Cia and Nsa.
7) If you are a blogger at WordPress, you’ve probably noticed multiple bogus WordPress accounts that have began following your blog recently. If you thought they were spammers and wondered why WordPress can’t just get rid of them, now you know.
8) NSA created FourSquare and Facebook location tagging features so that they know where you are at all times without having to send agents to track you in person.
9) NSA and CIA routinely search for blog posts with key words like “terrorism”, “Al-Qaeda”, “bomb”, “bombing”, “how to create a bomb”, “bin Laden”, “Jihad”, “detonator for sale”. Ooops… Oh well, at least this post will get a few more views.
10) The government runs a covert program to keep tabs on everyone’s political views. The data is collected on the 1st Tuesday in November of every even-numbered year.
Please feel free to leave a comment, but be aware that a copy of it will be automatically sent to the NSA.