Apparently, Barack Obama had just invited his just-defeated opponent Mitt Romney for a private lunch at the White House today. Aside of being an obvious PR stunt, both Obama and Romney have good reasons to meet after a contentious election. So what’s in it for them? Here are 10 reasons why Obama and Romney are meeting for lunch:
1) For Romney: Hey, a free lunch!
2) For Obama: It’s a chance to finally confirm or deny the persistent rumor that Romney is really a robot, since robots do not eat.
3) For Romney: He still has plenty of Obama zingers that he hadn’t have a chance to use.
4) For Obama: A few people of the kitchen stuff need to be fired, and Obama is bringing a professional to do it.
5) For Romney: He will get to see for himself if Obama’s administration of lunch will be a failure.
6) For Obama: One more chance to rub his victory in Romney’s face by having Romney over at the White House as a guest.
7) For Romney: An opportunity for once to flip-flop and not be skewered for it, because changing one’s position on what to have for dessert is still acceptable in politics.
8) For Obama: A rare chance to eat with someone who is not very inclined to talk to him.
9) For Romney: A chance to observe how an average middle-class African-American family lives.
10) For Obama: A couple of czar’s positions are still open, and who could be a better candidate for czar’s job than someone who’s already living as one?
Perhaps Romney has a sense of entitlement to a free lunch after all. Also, #9 caught me off guard and made me laugh out loud. Well done.
I firmly believe that anyone, who had spent 6 years of their life trying to land their dream job and then does not get it, should be entitled to a free lunch.
Really liked 3 and 4
Excellent. I especially loved number 9. Too muckin’ fuch man. Keep up the great work. You always catch me at the right time.