According to the FBI, November of 2011 and December of 2011 so far are the two months with all-time records for numbers of background checks required to buy a firearm, with all-time one day records reported on Black Friday 2011 and December 23rd. Here are 10 of the reasons for the record gun sales in the last two months of 2011.
1) Black Fridays are getting scarier every year.
2) Every Republican candidate is buying a gun for every member of their families, hoping to capture the endorsement from the National Rifle Association.
3) Americans are trying to support the American manufacturers, and guns are pretty much the only thing left that is still made in the USA.
4) More cities are banning the use of firecrackers and fireworks on New Year’s Eve and 4th of July for safety reasons, so people are looking at other options.
5) In some states, a gun is considered the most effective way to protect your home. From a foreclosure, for example.
6) Somewhere, the operation Fast and Furious II is getting underway.
7) The people are buying more guns because their neighborhoods are becoming more dangerous, and their neighborhoods are becoming more dangerous because the people there are buying more guns.
8) People need guns to protect their families from home intrusions, and traditionally, Christmas is the day when record number of home intrusions occur, mostly by an old white male in a red suit sneaking in through a chimney.
9) Weapons manufacturers are trying to sell more guns domestically to maintain their production levels, now that the war in Iraq is over.
10) According to NRA, the people are buying weapons because they are afraid that Obama will take away their guns. Because, how would Obama take away somebody’s gun if that somebody does not buy the gun first?
Reason Number 9 is actually the truth. Who do you think funds the NRA?.
and I thought I was kidding…