According to news reports, this weekend Senator John McCain made a clandestine visit to Syria and met with representatives of Free Syrian Army, one of the rebel factions fighting the regime of Bashar Al-Assad. This development had raised a few eyebrows, because normally Senator McCain spends his weekends on the Sunday talk shows. Here are 10 possible reasons why John McCain visited Syria.
1) McCain decided to travel to Syria in order to investigate the Benghazi consulate attack in the very place where it had happened.
2) Since Assad is expected to be out of power soon, John McCain is testing the grounds for a presidential run there, before Mitt Romney beats him to it.
3) Because Free Syrian Army is engaged in an armed rebellion against a tyrannical dictator, McCain met with rebel fighters to pick up their advice to use at home later.
4) Old age senility had finally set in, and for the last few weeks McCain has been acting under the impression that he became the President after 2008 elections.
5) After weeks of non-stop partisan fighting in the Senate, McCain wanted to get to get away someplace quiet.
6) He came to tell the Islamic Syrian rebels that Republican Party understands their concerns and will remain steadfast in its opposition to Barack Obama’s agenda of instituting worldwide Sharia law.
7) American Airlines’ frequent flyer program has been redesigned once again, and added the restriction that allows accumulated miles to be used only to buy flights to Syria.
8) McCain wanted to provide encouragement to Syrian rebels fighting for the noblest of the causes – making Syrian government smaller.
9) John McCain is sick of bloodshed in Syria, and he came to establish the framework for a peaceful solution by teaching the rebels how to peacefully paralyze Assad’s government by filibuster.
10) McCain met with Al-Qaeda representatives to discuss their complaints that IRS keeps delaying approval on their tax-exempt status application.