This Thursday was the birthday of the First Lady Melania Trump, and as was reported recently in the news, her husband, President Donald Trump, did not give her a present for her birthday this year. He did say he already gave her some flowers and a card, which were the most amazing flowers and the prettiest card his assistant found in the CVS discount aisle. Here are 10 reasons why Donald Trump never gave his wife an actual present.
1) Donald Trump was too busy golfing, tweeting, and watching Fox News, or as he calls it, “running the country”.
2) He did buy a Melania a birthday present, but had to use it up to placate Melania when the Stormy Daniels story came up.
3) Donald Trump had been counting on his lawyer Michael Cohen to pay Melania hush money to stay quiet about not getting a present.
4) Donald Trump got confused and thought Ivanka was the wife and Melania was his son’s Eastern European nanny.
5) Donald Trump didn’t bother looking for present for Melania in advance because he thought he’d be getting a new wife by now.
6) Donald Trump thought it would be very inappropriate to spend taxpayers’ money on a present to his wife, when our tax dollars could be spent on something more important, like another Mar-A-Lago trip.
7) Due to staff turnover problems at the White House, various Trump assistants who would have been assigned to keep track of the important birthdays are all either in the “not yet nominated” or “already resigned in disgrace” stages of their careers.
8) Donald Trump’s Secret Service agents swore to protect him if Melania ever got angry about not getting a present.
9) Trump was thinking of asking Melania what present she wanted. However, the present she wanted turned out to be way too expensive, since she wanted a divorce.
10) It was Obama’s fault.