This week, president Donald Trump has announced that he will cancel a planned pay increase for all civilian federal employees. Here are 10 reasons why this was a tremendously smart decision.
1) There’s really no point of giving raises to the people in Trump’s government, because, chances are, way too many of them are just going to quit or go to prison.
2) He’s hired so many millionaires and billionaires to run his government, he doesn’t think people in the government need any more money.
3) Trump doesn’t want his taxes to be wasted on the government bureaucrats, in case he ever decides to pay taxes.
4) He expects other government workers to show the initiative and business acumen and turn their government jobs into side income and free perks, just like he and his cabinet members do.
5) He wanted to punish government workers for constantly leaking mean things about him, but Ivanka convinced him that putting their children in cages is only acceptable for Mexicans.
6) Trump only promised to hire the best people, not to pay them the best salaries.
7) Government bureaucrats are already overpaid, because most of them are clearly incompetent, useless, and corrupt. Just look at Trump’s cabinet!
8) Money doesn’t grow on trees, and those Mar-a-Lago trips and golf games are expensive, and the First Lady may soon need to be replaced with a newer and better model.
9) Every dollar saved on federal spending is a dollar that can be given to billionaires as a tax cut, so that it will then trickle down from billionaires to multimillionaires.
10) There just isn’t enough money for a raise, because Russian economy is in trouble.
P.S. According to more recent news, Donald Trump promised to study the pay freeze. By the end of the weekend, he is expected to either deny ever talking about any pay raises, or give himself an A+ after successfully completing his studying, or both.